The latest "it" term or idea in education seems to be a flipped classroom. This idea stems from the integration of technology in our students lives. Students today do just about everything while being "connected" to one another in same shape or form. A flipped classroom is the idea that students will do the lecture or instruction aspect of the class at home on the computer(podcast, screencast, or other), and then while in class the students would work on assignments or activities, thus allowing the teacher to work with the students. This also allows the students to come to class prepared and ready to discuss whatever content is planned for that day. Seems like a good idea, right? Take a look at this article which takes a closer look at a high school math classroom that has been flipped.
Math Class Gets Flipped!
I like this Kenny. You have a poll, current homework, your book link. I would suggest you upload a photo of yourself and add a class or personal website. I am working on flipping my classes over break and talking about it a PD on 1/2. I am encouraged that others in the district are moving forward despite others that need to.
ReplyDeleteInteresting idea. I think this idea could work in a middle school classroom with some guidance and instruction. It also would help middle schoolers, especially 8th graders, prepare for high school and college lessons. I like the 'flip survey' that you have on your blog! What a great idea to see if your students are interested in trying it out!
ReplyDelete