January 30, 2012

Flipped Class

On Wednesday we will try a flipped class for the first time this year!  I am really excited for the opportunities that this style of teaching will provide and I am looking forward to having more class time to work one-on-one more with students!  Students will need to watch the video of lesson 7-1 on this blog starting Tuesday afternoon.  Students will need to follow along as if they were in class and write out the examples provided in the video.  We will then start class by taking just 10 min. or so to discuss the examples and make sure everyone was able to see/understand the video, and then students will have work time for the remainder of the class period.  I will be able to sit down and work on problems with students in more depth with this extra time having not had an entire lesson presented before the work time.  I have told the students to please feel free to comment on the blog or e-mail me if they have questions.  I am looking forward to hearing feedback from both students and parents after this first try at a flipped class, so please feel free to again comment or e-mail me with your thoughts! 

**Don't forget Chapter 6 test is tomorrow, Tuesday Jan. 31st.**

1 comment:

  1. Hey YEA! Very exciting. Hope it goes well. In honesty this is a great way to teach. It definetly has weak spots, but I feel that it will benifit most of the students. So that they know that your there to help them with HW and so that the people who rush on HW will take their time and actually focus on where they are making mistakes and running into problems. CAN WAIT ,should be intresting.......Hey thanks for all the time your putting into it....I REALLY APPRECIATE IT....GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete